"MONEY" MAYWEATHER TOPS THE LIST OF HIGHEST PAID ATHLETES OF THE DECADE
Forbes has published its list of the highest-paid sports stars over the last decade from 2010 to 2019
With a moniker like "Money" its little wonder that American boxing superstar Floyd Mayweather tops the list after raking in just under a billion dollars earning himself a staggering $915m (£698.3m) from 2010 to 2019.
His two biggest pay days came courtesy of mega-fights - against Manny Pacquiao in 2015 and Conor McGregor in 2017 - earning him $500m (£381.7m) and the record of the two biggest one-night payouts in the history of sports.
As you would suspect footballers Cristiano Ronaldo & Lionel Messi also score high
sitting in second and third place respectively with the Juventus and Portugese captain Ronaldo amassing $800m (£610.5m) from 2010 to 2019 while his rival Messi, who plays for Barcelona and Argentina, pocketed $750m (£572.4m).
Usual suspects from the world of basketball, tennis and golfing all make the list with F1 champion Lewis Hamilton the only British athlete also making the top ten.
Top ten highest-paid athletes of the decade
1. Floyd Mayweather (boxing): $915m (£698.3m)
2. Cristiano Ronaldo (football): $800m (£610.5m)
3. Lionel Messi (football): $750m (£572.4m)
4. LeBron James (NBA): $680m (£518.9m)
5. Roger Federer (tennis): $640m (£488.3m)
6. Tiger Woods (golf): $615m (£469.2m)
7. Phil Mickelson (golf): $480m (£366.2m)
8. Manny Pacquiao (boxing): $435m (£331.9m)
9. Kevin Durant (NBA): $425m (£324.2m)
10. Lewis Hamilton (Formula 1): $400m (£305.2m)